Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Poems

"New Friends and Old Friends" by: Joseph Parry
This poem has been my favorite for a long time. I have moved a lot throughout my childhood and this describes how I have kept my old friends but still have made new friends. I also like it because it describes friendship and how a friendship is in reality. The words in the poem are very sincere and descriptive and it is very touching.
"I Carry Your Heart With Me" by: E.E. Cummings
I love this poem because it makes me think of my sister. This poem was read in the movie "In Her Shoes" and the movie was a about two sisters and their relationship with each other. Basically, the poem as well as the movie made me think of me and my sisters relationship with each other. It is a very moving, touching and heart-warming poem. I always think of my sister when I read it. When I do read it the poem always puts a smile on my face and it is what means the most to me.

2 comments:

Erinn said...

Both poems that you have chosen seem based on relationships. We should definitely talk about this topic today in class; also be on the look out for other poems dealing with friendship and/or family relationships. This could make for an interesting topic for your essay.

Anne said...

I love I carry your heart with me as well. You are right though it has a way of evoking images of people you love. It does the same for me and you should read the book if you liked the movie it is even better.